The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accelerator Adjustment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfire709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accelerator Adjustment
    Posted: 25 Oct 08 at 10:05
Just starting to fettle with my new (to me) 91 LT. Its a 2.4 tdi, but the accelerator pedal seems realy heavy. Is there anyway to adjust this?

Also, i have heard that one wy to increase the top speed is to wind up the fuel pump. Is this a fairly easy procedure, or should i leave it to the pros?

Ta

Roy
T4 Karmann Karuso

thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 08 at 10:39
if you wind up the fuel pump all it will do is increase fuel consumption with very little gain. First thing to do is replace fuel and air filters this has quite amazing results. If the accelerator is stiff, Is it opening fully, Lift the engine cover and press the pedal, does the lever on the pump move all the way?
team french View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team french Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 08 at 10:55
you can usualy can wind the pump open abit more and tweek the turbo presure up for a few more ponies on td diesels but these usualy make em abit more thirsty. im not familiar with the LT td engines tho.
1978 2litre LT28 abbomination!!!!
Diablodub View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
mehcedes...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablodub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 08 at 18:00
Opening up the fuel pump makes a massive difference , i had mine opened up and the fuel consumption is down but it's worth it for the power difference.
Get your turbo checked to see what it's running at , i think it should be .8 .

Stu
brick-yard splitters breakaway judean peoples front cheesy toss wank - Member No 1
07974 787780 - Stu

Sunny Stockport-Cheshire

thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 08 at 20:14
before you do anything whats the performance like now. You may find its about as good as it gets. Mine is a 2.4tdi Itll cruise at seventy all day and returns 25mpg I agree turning up the fuel will make a difference if you balance that with the turbo but its easier to get wrong than right
 Post Reply Post Reply