The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.4 Inlet manifold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSPLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.4 Inlet manifold
    Posted: 07 Oct 08 at 19:00
Does anyone know how many allen bolts hold the inlet manifold onto the 2.4 petrol engine. Have taken out ten but still no joy but cant seem to find anymore, is there a sneaky little bugger tucked up out way somewhere? Got a gasket gone on the exhaust manifold and it looks like the inlet manifold has to come out of the way to gain access.  
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 08 at 20:22
2.4td has 12 allen bolts 2 for each cylinder and the exhaust manifold will come off without taking inlet off dont know if thats true for the petrol.

Mike
Butternut boy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 08 at 21:00
Don't pull to hard Bassplucker, they break easily . Mines petrol but only 2L. Like Mike says 2 studs/bolts per cylinder. I had to chip in as I broke an inlet manifold recently trying to get it off and would hate for it to happen to anyone else.
You nod yer ed n I'll it' it     
BASSPLUCKER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSPLUCKER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 08 at 22:25
Thanks for the warning Butternut boy. I have managed to remove it, I had only got nine bolts out last night but there only ten in total, the centre two inlet ports just having two bolts. Got the new exhaust manifold gaskets fitted sounds well sweet now. cheers.Smile
Butternut boy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 08 at 10:39
Glad to ear' it mate.

Well done on getting the exhaust manifold off in situe...... I had to take the cylinder head out to get mine off
They sound great when you ear' em' for the first time with a fixed exhaust gasket don't they. s'probably got something to do with how long we put up with the noise before we get around to sorting it.

Nice one mate, s'always good to ear' good news.
You nod yer ed n I'll it' it     
 Post Reply Post Reply