The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT 35 Ambulance 1983

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 08 at 16:05
Nice. Need any help let us know. It was some of your guys helped when I was injured during a trials comp many moons ago you do a great job and deserve all the support we can give

Terry
ps where can I get some of those cool flashing lights

johnb View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 08 at 12:58
You can buy winky-pops from RS if I remember correctly.
My van is better known in these parts than I am
Butternut boy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 08 at 13:27
You'd be hard pushed to find an RS over ere' these days

disposable society 's.

You nod yer ed n I'll it' it     
lardbucket View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lardbucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 08 at 19:29
You can get them from SP Supplies . I would not advise you fit them as you would probably get pulled by Mr Policeman and charged with impersoating an officer of the law.
Even we have to be carefull how we use them, as improper use will cost us our drivers licence.

LardbucketWink
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 08 at 19:45
as my van is red and carries water and has a ladder on the back I could always pretend to be a fire engine
Butternut boy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butternut boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 08 at 00:43
as my head is red and carries beer and has a bladder like a sack I can always pretend to be a fire engine.
You nod yer ed n I'll it' it     
milk n cheese View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 08 at 07:53
they look cool, me likes alot
"if it bends its funny - if it breaks its even funnier" (M&C 1994)
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 08 at 11:42
Originally posted by AndyT AndyT wrote:

Hi Folks,

Just my tuppence worth as Moderator for this section.

I was following the other post about the Ambulance and didn't see this one early enough.
There's no problem with a bit of banter but you have to know the person you are addressing it to, otherwise you can cause offence which will not be tolerated.

Hopefully lardbucket will update us with his progress and if he needs further help then we can help him. Equally he could think what a bunch of Toss*** and end up scrapping a very useful vehicle for no reason.

If you have nothing helpful/supportive to offer then please say nothing.

No offence intended here Andy but the Brick-Yard wouldn't be the place it is if we all followed your line of thought.Wink

This is a light hearted forum(the Brickies Arms speaks volumes for that)which ticks along pretty well IMO and doesn't need much moderating...well apart from the ones who continue to post in the wrong sections that is!Ermm.
The fact that there's quite a few thousand members on here,naturally means we all don't know each other but we still manage to get along nicely and have a good laugh with and at each other without causing too much grief to any one person.

I understand this is a serious request to help St Johns and hopefully they'll get the Ambulance sorted with a little help from here but the world is in far too serious a state at the moment without the Brick-Yard joining in.Wink

Keep smiling.Big%20smile

Edited by g60steve - 07 Oct 08 at 11:54
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 08 at 17:01
No offence taken mate, I'm new to this sort of thing anyway.
Over the last few months I've recieved a few complaints about posts but none from the LT Section, would like to keep it this way that's all.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lardbucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 08 at 21:48
Hi guys,
Well I took the wheel off, and the brake drum which cameoff easily by using the M10 bolts in the drum and jacking it off. The half shaft is solid, I suspect the bearing has gone, as this is siezed I would imagine the diff is dammaged aswell.
The decission has been made it is to go. So as promised this vehicle is up for grabs.
We are open to offers (we are not expecting silly money), you will need to collect it, remeber it can not be driven as it stands (unless you can free the halfshaft).
We are obliged to remove the flashing lights and siren. We will also remove the two cots, and the markings. We can only sell with these things on if you can prove it is to be restored as a vintage ambulance.
I will put a full posting on the for sale page with photos of the interior.
I would like to thank you all for your help with this, if I had tried to take it apart without you guys I might still be trying to get the drum off now.

Thanks         Keith Brandon  Stratford upon Avon Combined DivisionSmile
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 08 at 21:59
Before you scrap it jack up the good wheel and spin it. Listen to the diff at the same time.
If it turns easily and there's no grumbling then the diff might be ok.
Failing that how about giving us guys a chance to find you a new rear axle.?
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lardbucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 08 at 22:07
I jacked up the good wheel and spun it there was a noise the did not sound healthy and it also felt sloppy. When we had it broudht back we drove it with a skid uder the locked wheel to park it up. The vehicle is very old and I have been told that if the repair is going to be costly the money could be better used else where. Without boring you with politics we are having to vacate our HQ and move to temporary accomodation so the money has other uses.
Aparentley this has had a rear axel already and on that occasion they had to buy an ex NHS vehicle to get one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12