Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how too

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how too
    Posted: 27 Sep 08 at 13:24
how is the best way to attach a set of carbon fiber rear light blenders...or do i sell these and buy a genuine set ....
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
PaulG View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 09 at 16:39
kooldubs,  I also have a set of these, never been 100% happy with the fit so if you come up with anything that does not involve drilling the van body work please do share it!  I have so far 'self-tappered' them to the lamp clusters and added velcro and plastic angle brakets to try and hold the inner ends, it was hopeless!  I/you/we need to be able to take the lamp clusters off to change bulbs etc. of course, this is what has so far defeated me.

JasonK suggested double sided sticky pads, but I thought 'messy if/when you need to get the lamp clusters off'.

Good luck with it!

PaulG
Brick-Yard. Not a club, more a way of doing things. (Robert Fripp - kind of...)
fumph View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fumph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 09 at 17:23
kooldubs where abouts did you buy the carbon fibre blenders from , where they very expensive
gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 10 at 20:30
Did anyone come up with a good idea on this?
T3 Doka 2.1MV
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 10 at 21:55
yup v small self tapping screw into the bottom of the light unit. needs careful drilling too
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 10 at 21:57
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

yup v small self tapping screw into the bottom of the light unit. needs careful drilling too

I was thinking along those lines but what about the other end nearest the reg plate, i am stuck what to do there!

Edited by gusbang - 10 Mar 10 at 21:57
T3 Doka 2.1MV
cgielectrical View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgielectrical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 15 at 10:20
Not sure what these look like or what trouble you are having, can you upload some photos? (They have to be small, i shrank my photos by texting them to myself! ) the reason why i ask is i recently found a plastic glue which is excellent, so i wondered if it would help?
I'll think of something good to write here one day .....
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 15 at 10:45
I have used a small (m3) countersunk screw and a self-locking nut and hot glue.
My blenders come off with the lights.

Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
 Post Reply Post Reply