The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSyncromog for sale in the USA!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syncromog for sale in the USA!
    Posted: 19 Sep 08 at 10:41
Hello everyone, I am putting the Syncromog up for sale.

I have bills to pay and no work coming in.

A recap of how it is equipped. 22" ride hieght, 9" of front and 11" of rear suspension travel.
Front Bilstein coil over shocks.
Doetsch Tech rear shocks.
Front upper control arms are custom chromoly.
Rear axles have 930 CV joints with chromoly cages.
Front axles have 930 CV joints with chromoly cages for the inner and the outer CV's are the 98MM 16" syncro style.
Front and rear lockers with 6.17 ring and pinions.
Tom Lengyl driveline disconnect along with solid shaft replacing the VC.
Front and rear skid/bash plates with 15" of ground clearance down the middle.
15" 9x30 Yokohama Mud Terrian tires on South African alloy wheels. Overland front big brake conversion. New wheel cylinders, shoes and drums were nstalled on the rear.
Custom front and rear bumpers.
Factory sun roof option but has no AC. Has Power steering and windows/ door locks. Power door locks do not work. Right front window regulator just broke. Has AM/FM/CD player stereo with two amps with a total power of 1100 watts. Two 10" sub woofers under middle seat with 6x9 Rockford Fosgate speakers in place of the original rear speakers. 6" speakers installed in front doors.
Engine is original WBX with over 200K on it. Has new custom sidewinder custom exhuast on it for high ground clearance. Will not pass CA smog test unless original exhaust is installed with Cat. I have a new Cat that goes with it but not the stock syncro exhaust. I do have a Vanagon WBX exhaust.
Engine still runs strong and does seep coolant when it falls below freezing. Driveline needs to be replaced. Engine wire harness should be replaced because of pesky mice. I have another harness for it.
Body has numerous severe dents and body seam rust.
Interior has weekender rear fold out bed and seats 7. Interior is in nice shape and has been assembled from other Vanagons so all colors match.
If you need current pics this Syncro is not for you. It is not cherry and is meant for serious play. It has never left me stranded and worst failure was worn out throttle pedal linkage fell apart in Moab. That was replaced right after.
This Syncro is not fresh as the trans and front diffs were built in the spring of 2001. It has been maintained and serviced over the years. Has many parts that are no longer available.
I have front Factory CV boot protectors that were never installed. I have the factory belt/pebble guards that were never installed.
Pictures and Video can be found in numerous places on the internet.
Sold AS IS with NO warranty. Asking $10,000 or best offer. Serious inquiries only will not answer nit picking e-mails Thanks for your time. John Wessels European Motorsport 3770 Owl Creek Rd. Mariposa, CA 95338 925-373-3878 www.euromog.com

Edited by Ghia - 22 Nov 09 at 10:37
 Post Reply Post Reply