The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gear selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swidda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gear selection
    Posted: 19 Sep 08 at 09:32
Does anyone know if there is a gear linkeage repair kit available for the LT? I can shift fine because I am used to it but to be honest the gears are all over the place
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 08 at 12:47
Check the clamp at the bottom of the gear lever, if its worked loose could be the problem.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 08 at 12:51
Is it 4or5 speed Im going to scan the gearbox manuals next let me know which it is an Ill do that first
Terry
eltee View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 08 at 17:25
hope this may help

1993 2.4 Diesel VW LT35 LWB PAS self build camper
part of the "LT Massive"
1990 syncro part of the "off road massive"
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 08 at 18:30
Part number 8 is what normally causes all the play they disintegrate mine had anyway theres another 1 of them on the end of the gearbox selector arm mine was fine but poggle on here had problems with this ball its the same as part 8 have a look at our old posts here

Mike
Swidda View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swidda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 08 at 20:49
Its an old 4 speed, I recon the gearbox is fine, there is no jumping or grinding, its just the Gearstick doesnt follow the usual H course it is supposed to...Thanks for the diagram! Very helpful.....
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 08 at 10:31
hi I,ll try and get the 4 spd manual scanned today
Terry
Flying Frog View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flying Frog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 08 at 00:32
hi, for me it is the part 15 that as broken inside so the whole gear lever turns so if i am not careful instead of going on first i go reverse. But you get use to it and it is a good anit theft device LOL
lt31 2.4l petrol diamon conversion
 Post Reply Post Reply