The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DG engine/stainless exhaust - what they worth?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DG engine/stainless exhaust - what they worth?
    Posted: 03 Sep 08 at 00:34
I'm considering swapping my 1.9DG engine for some sort of Scooby lump (probly a 2.2 16v - EJ22)..... If I'm gonna be getting low MPG than I might as well have the performance to go with it......Tongue

Does anyone have a rough idea what my current engine would be worth? It's a 1.9DG, about 95k miles, most of the service history, not been thrashed as it's an automatic box. Also a Bluebird full stainless exhaust.....cost best part of £500 new!
www.flf4s.com

There is not necessarily anything wrong with doing things that are profitable. It is when "profit" becomes the dominant motive that the cycle of disaster begins.
-John Seymour
hobbit View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 08 at 12:45

Would've given you £250 for the exhaust....but I've just bought a standard one from gsfCry

rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 08 at 13:02
Steve - if you are wanting a stainless  at zorst to fit a VW engine Mr Baxter has a tasty little number - hands off the one in stock it's mine!!

If it's for the Scooby lump give Richard at RJES a call, I thikn he has some stainless stuff for Scooby motors.
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 08 at 13:04
In fact they are mentioned on the home page - stainless exhausts for n/a scooby lumps.
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
David Pickles View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Pickles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 08 at 18:14
Are Baxters Zorsts as sexy as these
Have they been dynod
Don't know if the boxter shop one has
Anyone got any details

1990 1.9td SYNCRO DOKA
1988 1.6td SYNCRO AMBULANCE
1989 2.1i LPG Camper
pepperami View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 08 at 18:35
I got £350 for my DG and £300 for my stainless exhaust. By the way you will get at least a 1/3 better fuel consumption with a Scooby. Around Europe we were getting over 30 mpg.
Come back and finish me ya wimp!!!
Highlander View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 08 at 19:54
I'm in need of a new DG engine, so if you go ahead with the swap soon let me know Thumbs%20Up
Ian MacRae, Tain, Highlands of Scotland.

'85 T3 westy from sunny California to sunny (?) Scotland
SteveT View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 08 at 23:17
Thanks for all the info guys, food for thought indeed Smile

mike1978 - it's unlikely to be soon, I'm probably going to sell my bug to fund the conversion, then I have to find a donor car - it's gonna take a while Confused
www.flf4s.com

There is not necessarily anything wrong with doing things that are profitable. It is when "profit" becomes the dominant motive that the cycle of disaster begins.
-John Seymour
miguel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miguel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 08 at 23:22

I am in need of a stainless exhaust so again ,when you do the swap get in touch,Happy to part with £250 plus postage,although I'd rather collect.

Cheers Tongue

Post Reply Post Reply