The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

off-topic...more of the same

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 22:28
thats not a good sign 50 mate i am conserned now i think a lot of it is hype and makes people worried
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 23:04
Originally posted by Fifty pence Fifty pence wrote:

We can easily " talk " yourselves into a recession.

All I know is that over the last 6 years I have become busier and busier, until this year when I havnt worked a full week yet !!.

3 or 4 years of masses of cheap labour flooding into the country was bound to take its toll evevntually !.

Del.

Thats exactly my experience , i have been turning work away for 3 years and working anything up to 70 hrs a week to keep up with demand.

My phone has almost stopped ringing since Xmas and Iam surviving on small day to day jobs and a few regular customers i do machining for.

i must hear the words "credit crunch" on the radio a dozen times a day and its scaring people into not spending , which i think is the governments plan . If they can keep our heads down and reduce overspending we may not look up and see the bigger picture .

Iam seriously looking into emigrating , just hope that at 44 Iam not too old .  Mrs Kernow keeps telling me the grass may not be any greener abroad but it sure can't be more dead and turd stained than its becoming here .

my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
tresco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tresco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 08 at 04:19

Same here, work's slow and even the Poles are going home, guess they now realise the pavements aren't paved with gold after all!

I don't think it's just a case of sentiment or 'talking ourselves' into; we are at the edge of the downturn in the cycle and nobody can change that. The best that can happen is to make the downturn as small as possible. I've always been worried about the UK's reliance on the City when we don't actually make anything anymore. At least other europeans have a firm maufacturing base. All very depressing but it has to be aired so as we all know what's going on; I've never gone with the head-in-sand approach!

We're just trying to keep costs down, jump at every phone call and hope that we can survive the next couple of years. Life's not so bad when you get used to the new regime. As you can see it's 4.15am and I'll be in town before 6 to keep pennies coming in. Still wish I lived elsewhere though...anywhere southern europe/Med would do nicely!

kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 08 at 22:37

Its becoming like a Merrygoround . We have let in more imigrants than there is room for and in turn we are leaving to become imigrants in other countries .

There are a number of builders i used to get work from who are now exploiting migrant labour , I hope they go first and pay for their greed . I can't blame the Poles etc but I do blame the ones who have used them for a fast buck.

my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
tresco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tresco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 08 at 05:45
Studioman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Studioman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 08 at 10:40
tresco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tresco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 08 at 20:35
The Transporter View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Transporter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 08 at 23:53
Well just for once I have found a silver lining to the cloud... My house is now in negative equity which means that the official receiver will have no interest in my home... One of my biggest customers went bust on me and took me for a hill of cash, less than two years after the ex wife mugged me so I think that it is time that I throw my hands up in defeat... All my suppliers have been paid up courtesy of some of our wonderful financial institutions, one of which has been raping my bank account for twenty years.. The up side is that a new leaner, meaner Transporter can rise from the ashes.... It's an ill wind 
2004 174bhp AXE engine..... Belligerence has been confirmed.
104T28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 104T28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 08 at 19:57
Originally posted by The Transporter The Transporter wrote:

Well just for once I have found a silver lining to the cloud... My house is now in negative equity which means that the official receiver will have no interest in my home... One of my biggest customers went bust on me and took me for a hill of cash, less than two years after the ex wife mugged me so I think that it is time that I throw my hands up in defeat... All my suppliers have been paid up courtesy of some of our wonderful financial institutions, one of which has been raping my bank account for twenty years.. The up side is that a new leaner, meaner Transporter can rise from the ashes.... It's an ill wind 

Shit, sorry to hear all that tTransporter, but The Pheonix you will be just like me! 
It's a tale I hear everywhere these days especially from blokes; girls seem to have an inbuilt protection legally and only today another killer blow ruling in The Express.
I'm going to have to have a Cohab agreement nowConfused

also house market's EVEN more knackered than I thought

I will do my upmost in the next five years to live at least half the year in another country (preferably southern European) to save my sanity and my wallet!

104T28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 104T28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 08 at 19:30
The Transporter View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Transporter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 08 at 19:49
I think that we all knew that it was coming, It doesn't surprise me one bit, far too many people used the equity in their homes to shaw up an unrealistic lifestyle, aided and abetted by a financial industry who should have known better, or perhaps they did see it coming and just didn't care... I think that we all got tons of leaflets through the door begging us to have this card or that card, when the financial industry is that reckless, then they should keep quiet now they find out that their customers were just as reckless...
2004 174bhp AXE engine..... Belligerence has been confirmed.
Fifty pence View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fifty pence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 08 at 21:32
Originally posted by The Transporter The Transporter wrote:

I think that we all knew that it was coming, It doesn't surprise me one bit, far too many people used the equity in their homes to shaw up an unrealistic lifestyle, aided and abetted by a financial industry who should have known better, or perhaps they did see it coming and just didn't care... I think that we all got tons of leaflets through the door begging us to have this card or that card, when the financial industry is that reckless, then they should keep quiet now they find out that their customers were just as reckless...

Hammer, Nail, Head !!!!.

Del.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12