The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New toy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3rustateers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New toy
    Posted: 23 Mar 08 at 18:07

Well, we've sold our T3 Autohomes Kamper and bought a 2001 T4 2.5 TDI, FSH, 81000 miles - well chuffed.  Goes like stink.  Got loads of plans of how I want it to look but as this is our first T4 no doubt I will have loads of questions (wheel fitment etc). 

Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 08 at 19:13
Coolio, you forgot that the heater is ace and it does a million miles to the gallon, plus you get in it and it works!
3rustateers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3rustateers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 08 at 19:21
Bought it in Birmingham today with less than 1/4 tank of diesel, and drove past every fuel station on the way home without stopping.  The gears feel a bit tight, am I right in thinking these are cable operated, could they just need adjusting slightly?  No noise from the gearbox, drives and sounds superb.  By the way are there different coloured 'I' versions (ie red and blue)?  If so whats the difference?  Simon, may give you a ring regarding cam belt change soon.
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 08 at 00:18

Blue I is 88hp No intercooler, crap Stanadyne injectors, small clutch

Silver I is 102hp same-ish, different turbo, Bosch injectors(.205's), intercooler and mapping, different gearbox, higher compression ratio, bigger clutch

red I is 151 hp, We didn't get it here, only on long nose models as it has a different intercooler mounted infront of the radiator rather than perched ontop of the engine like the 102hp, different turbo, interestingly it has the same compression ratio as the 88hp, bigger clutch and starter, bigger injectors still (.216's)

Cambelt, seems I am the T4 cambelt capital of the North at the moment, had a guy drive from Dorset the other day for me to do one, it was cheaper for him to do that including fuel than get it done locally, work that out!

http://vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8293

Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 08 at 00:18
Geras, rods and that, spray grease...
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 08 at 00:20

Oh, EGR blanks should be ready next week, stainless steel laser cut plates, cheap cheap, like not worth bothering getting your file out for.

Desp Dan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Simple Pieman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desp Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 08 at 10:15
Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

Oh, EGR blanks should be ready next week, stainless steel laser cut plates, cheap cheap, like not worth bothering getting your file out for.

Time to fit one/clean EGR & Fit Extra Horn on Friday
Along with HD Ball Joints ???
Or freestyle it
Pie n' Bacon Meister
Porsche & Classic Car Nut
 Post Reply Post Reply