The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9 v 2.5 t4’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ducatobuild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.9 v 2.5 t4’s
    Posted: 22 Feb 08 at 14:31

Can anyone assist to the uninitiated please we are about to embark on a camper project utalising a t4..

The one we looked at the other day was a 1.9td which we were told were the best and quote "most reliable" one to go for, primarily down to the lack of ecu and other associated electric gubins that often gives a lot of grief, as i am due to health reasons no long able to tinker myself and would require said vehicle to ultra reliable this kind of worries me somewhat, i have asked in a few places all directing me to yourselfs as being the guys to ask.

In plain english could someone please explain...

Also seeking a t4 whichever one is best to convert about the 4k-5k mark as new as possible, as low mileage as possible and with service history proofs of cambelt changes etc available, swb with factory windows and captains seats anything else a possible deal clincher..

Your help would be appriciated on both aspects any vehicle offers pls to d31boy@hotmail.com

Slanj

www.t4club.co.uk
SyncroSpares UK View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

T3 Undertaker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SyncroSpares UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 08 at 20:47
load of bobbins,2.5 tdi is the one to have,in one of its various forms,cj.
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 08 at 21:11

Whoever told you that, told you that because he doesn't understand electronics.

2.5tdi is the one to buy.

Lots of grunt, fairly economical, quick and lots of scope for going even quicker whicle still staying economical.

the 1.9TD (ABL) is just as unreliable as it's brother the AAZ from the Golf etc due to the crank pulleys inablitiy to stay tight and not destroy the crank.

Any interfearance engine will be expensive when the cam belt goes, be it petrol, Diesel or whatever.

It's only because numpty fitters don't follow instructions and think they know better than to follow what VW and others said that you may get reliability problems with a TDI.

The cambelt has to be done right, with tensioners, waterpumps and idlers replaced or you may as well not bother as the idler or waterpump is more likely to just "go" than the belt.

Dezzie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dezzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 08 at 18:38

For Sale

VW T4 Multivan - 1995 'M' Registered.
2.4 Diesel - 35 mpg - Usable daily - Below average miles - Recent Full Service - Sleeps 2 / 3. - Seats 7 - VW Factory Built - Not conversion - Original paintwork - Factory Alloy Wheels - H.P.I Clear - Electric Windows, Power Steering, Central Locking - Towbar.
12 Months M.O.T.
Nice original straight bus. Rare find. £5250.
Steve ..... 07955 553 684
I'll slow down for Horses, when they pay some ***kin' road tax !
 Post Reply Post Reply