The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Merc 15" AMG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3rustateers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merc 15" AMG
    Posted: 24 Nov 07 at 19:41

Anyone had any experience of fitting these wheels

5x112, 7J, 15", ET 35

What modifications will have to made to these wheels (if any.....before I waste any more money!)

Cheers

Edited by 3rustateers
T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 07 at 20:18

if they are et 35 your gone need a 5 to 10mm spacer up front.. and probably the bolt holes drilling out to 14mm from 12 mm.

and of course the normal bits like longer bolts+ longer rear studs. 

WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 07 at 20:26
See other post mate
Sunny Lancs
Griff71 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griff71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 07 at 08:10

These are what i have on my T3 crew, fit so well compared to other wheels i have had as they sit behind the arch even with spacers (as oppose to the unsightly sticking out) also means if you want to slam the suspension they shouldn't foul the arch.

You will need a min of 9mm spacer on the front as not to foul caliper/upper wishbone.  I put a 10mm spacer on rears as it looked stupid with a wider front track.  You will need to drill out bolt holes with a 14mm drill, i did mine extremely carefully by hand.  That should do you.  You won't be able to fit centre caps on backs dur to castle nut, maybe able to modify.  I have fitted mine with 195/45 Tyres and lowered 60mm, but due to the size of the wheels and tyres i am considering going 80mm as still reasonable gap between tyre and arch.

Hope this helps

Griff

Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 07 at 08:53

Originally posted by Griff71 Griff71 wrote:

I have fitted mine with 195/45 Tyres

A bet the speedo and the gearing are magical with that size tyre....a 15% difference which is 98mm smaller than standard....plus the fact they're car tyres that aren't weight rated.

That's one bit of info not to follow.

195/70/15C or 205/65/15C are the correct tyres to use.

Edited by g60steve
 Post Reply Post Reply