The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Westfalia wiring diagram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ClubJoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Westfalia wiring diagram
    Posted: 06 Nov 07 at 00:29
Not sure if this deserves its own topic...

Slow Sunday afternoon, so I put together this translation of the wiring diagram for an 86 Joker / Club Joker. I imagine earlier and later models are very similar. The original diagram is so small in the Westy manual - at least this prints out bigger.

Let me know if I've got things wrong. My German was learnt mainly trying to talk to those German exchange girls (going back a few years) and words like Feinsicherung didn't come up much.

Hope it's of use. I'll host it on my web space for a while...

(700KB)   Westfalia Joker and Club Joker wiring 09.86 - English.pdf

Cheers

John
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 07 at 07:46
excellent work!

now you realise were all going to ask you to translate loads of German ebay ads dont you?

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Pete Westy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Westy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 17:58
Excellent job but can anyone scan a wiring diagram to get higher resolution or have a better quality print so we can read all the wiring colours. That would be even better.
86ClubJoker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ClubJoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 18:27
Hey Pete!

The diagram is printed very small in the manual I've got - onto an A5 page, and the print quality isn't great. I did those scans at 600dpi - don't think there is any more detail there to get.

The image quality has been reduced when I saved from Word to a PDF. Here is the Word (97 to 2003) document version [1.5MB] which should be a bit clearer.

I think there may be diagrams in the Bentley manual (I don't have one) - can anyone confirm this?

Cheers

John

Edited by 86ClubJoker
86ClubJoker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ClubJoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 18 at 01:13
The place I hosted this on back in 2007 has been shut down recently. The translation of the wiring diagram has proliferated on the web, and is now hosted here in decent quality (though the diagram was never very clear, being scanned from a not-very-clear original manual):

Unfortunately, it has lost some quality while being included in this pdf (not by me I should say)

I've since noticed a translation error which I should correct. Where it says "loom" for the hexagon shapes with 1, 2, 3, and 4 in them, it should say "earthing point" - e.g. "left wall earthing point". Google translate in 2018 is a lot better than Altavista babelfish (remember that?) was back in 2007 LOL

Edited by 86ClubJoker - 24 Aug 18 at 01:25
 Post Reply Post Reply