The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

couple of questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: couple of questions
    Posted: 22 Oct 07 at 18:11

hi all

anybody know

A, what the red flashing light above the temp guage means as ive checked all fluid levels ect but still flashes and temp guage is noat any were near overheathing

B, what type of headlight bulbs i need as cant find any details in the haynes manual or of the bulb it's self

C, is there a 5 speed gearbox that i could put on my van as would like to change to 5

i have a 1990 lt28 2.4 6 cylinder petrol

Edited by spike72
moocow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

If only....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moocow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 07 at 20:59

Hi

A: red flashing light is the low water light you either have a knackered sensor or it is not connected ours is the same and never goes over 1/2 hot even in traffic so we just put up with it!

B: will check for you next time we have it uncovered.

C: Technicly it is a 5 speed box 1st is below reverse but is only really used if you are fully freighted.

Cheers

SImon & Kisrty

Poggle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poggle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 07 at 11:34

A.  The sensor light flashes when the coolant level becomes to low or when the coolant becomes too hot, (engine overheating)

B.  Side and number plate lights 12v 4w

Headlight, probably (H4) 12v 60/55w. This is what I use.

C.  As far as I know (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the LT first had a 4 speed box then a 5 speed box was brought into production. Couldn't tell you when it was changed over though.

I think one of the reasons that the LT has a low top speed, is in Germany, vehicles over 2.8 tons are limited to 80 k/ph. So again I am guessing that they went for more Torque rather than speed.

spike72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 07 at 11:53

thanks for replies

checked water levels all ok must be a sensor

need to change head light bulbs as the ones in my van are crap

hmmm spot lights might help

Edited by spike72
 Post Reply Post Reply