The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you live in your van?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 08 at 20:01

I dare say!

The thing is, with the van struggling to achieve 20mpg I'm not saving enough to make the whole scheme (not paying for digs while I'm down here) worthwhile.

I'm only doing it now because it's a challenge. Ridiculous.

This & the fact that I'd need to do some fairly involved work to fit rear 3-point belts for my kids means I'll probably be selling the van in the spring...

Weasel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 08 at 20:54

3narf,

Your mad  ! I got a few hours kip in my van the other night at work (got winded off) and it was dam cold don't think i could do it all the time like you i would need a night heater or something !

SUFFOLK,
3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 08 at 22:17

I hear ya

It's only three nights at a time- just about manageable...

Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 08 at 23:09

I spent a few nights sleeping in the back of my old syncro crewcab when I was studying at Oxford and didn't have anywhere to stay. It was only to save on fuel back up to Birmingham but boy was it hard work.

I couldn't stretch out across the rear seat but managed it for several months just a couple of nights at a time.

There's a lot to be said for getting a good nights sleep somewhere warm and quiet!

MG

3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 08 at 12:31
Well, I was toastie warm last night!
dubweiser View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubweiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 08 at 19:57
ive moved into my t4 poptop now
was parked on a bit of a slant t'other night
i woke up at silly a.m. to find i'd rolled to one side and me bedding was soaking up all the condensation off the popside fabric.
have to literally mop the inside of the poptop witha towel in the mornings now.
imagine how bad it would be if i hadnt of fitted a propex a few weeks ago

IF YOURE NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOU TAKE UP TOO MUCH ROOM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123