Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLT 28 Manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT 28 Manual
    Posted: 01 Oct 07 at 12:05

Hi

We bought an LT 28 two days ago - it needs some work and I would like to get hold of a manual for it but I am having trouble finding one. Does anyone know of where I can get one - new or second-hand?

Thanks

L

Dingo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 07 at 12:11
I bought mine on ebay - haynes manual.  How old is your van? mine is 1978 2ltr petrol - might have some help for you if your's is as old as mine....
Lori View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 07 at 12:17

Sorry - should have given more details - its a 1990 LT 28 six cylinder - 2.6 ltr, water cooled, volvo diesel engine

I looked at the Haynes series and I couldn't find one listed. I bought it from Holland and wondered whether I would have a problem finding an English version of the manual.

mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 07 at 11:25
Hi Lori
Dont think they did a 2.6ltr unless its some special engine you can get in holland .Its normally a 2.4ltr straight 6 vw/audi engine that volvo used in some of there cars .I have got the haynes petrol manual off ebay but it does not cover the engine i think someone on here said you can get a diesel one from the vw lt club?

Mike
marmalade View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 07 at 19:21

I found the club but the e-mail links are dead, not tried calling the phone number yet but if it is alive and the fella is ok i will post it on here.

I just googled VW LT motorcaravan club or something like that and it came up in a campsite search thingy.

Dingo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 07 at 09:30
The LT guy used to live on the campsite I think, but he's moved - I've tried new number but no success.  Maybe we should make a new club? Dutch club is great - stick their website through babelfish to make more sense...
Lori View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 07 at 17:50

Originally posted by mike38 mike38 wrote:

Hi Lori
Dont think they did a 2.6ltr unless its some special engine you can get in holland .Its normally a 2.4ltr straight 6 vw/audi engine that volvo used in some of there cars .I have got the haynes petrol manual off ebay but it does not cover the engine i think someone on here said you can get a diesel one from the vw lt club?

Mike

It seems you are right Mike! Being a bit green with motors I assume that everyone knows more than me and I believe them. Then I start making some enquiries and realise a lot of people don't know what they are talking about. It is a 2.4 vw engine.Thanks for making me enquire further.

L

Post Reply Post Reply