The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closednew wheels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: new wheels
    Posted: 08 Jun 07 at 22:20

hi i have just aquired some very nice merc ml wheels for a very good price lol they are 8jx17 with et52 tryes are 255/60r17 106h they are huge look gigantic next to my little steel wheels  they  look just like the ones on the green bus on the home page does any now if they will fit and wot id need  ie size spacers nuts and bolts ect and maybe tyre combination or will it be worth just selling them on ? and buying some smaller ones

vic i love my old van
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 07 at 22:55
Have a search mate, I`ve sen `em fitted, but the ET looks a bit big and the tyres a bit wide, especially if you are going to lower the `van as well?
Sunny Lancs
victor1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 07 at 12:13
hi joker_club thanks for the reply i think i will try to fit as they were free and im not in any hurry i will try some spacers i reckon 20 mm spacers will do the trick and a conversion to studs on the front and may be some low profile tyers sounds like a plan to me  i will just have to keep me eyes open for the bits not thought about lowering van yet but it is tempting but not too low as too many speed bumps round here lol
vic i love my old van
T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 07 at 16:54

yep you will need a sp[acer between 20 and 25mm (only realy depends on the rear rim edge style..)

tyres wise you want 225 45 17 / 235 45 17's

the 235's may be better suited to 8 inch rims.. depends on the curbing band on the tyre realy as its best to have some rim protection..

WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
victor1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 07 at 23:02

joker_club/ t3adict thank you for your help and advice i am going to see if i can get some tyres for them and just try them on seems like the best thing to do then il get sum studs and spacers off simon and fit em proper lol recon they will look very nice will be even better if they make my gearing slighty taller as iv a 1.6na diesel needs all the help it can get if you get my drift lol well thanks for the help guys will let you how it all goes soon i hope

vic i love my old van
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 07 at 23:13

225X45's or 235X45's are the same or virtually the same rolling circumference as standard wheels and tyres so they won't alter your gearing that much.

Edited by g60steve
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 07 at 22:33
Good luck mate, I`ve got 215 tyres on 7J rims and have had clearance issues

Edited by Joker_Club
Sunny Lancs
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 07 at 01:09

Originally posted by Joker_Club Joker_Club wrote:

Good luck mate, I`ve got 215 tyres on 7J rims and have had clearance issues

It's all to do with trying to run high offset alloys on a T3.....which most Audi alloys are!!

Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 07 at 14:45
I`ve got 7J rims with ET45 (VW genuine rims off a Sharan) they need a 10mm spacer on the front and you can just get a fag paper between the back of the rim and the front suspension, so any less than 10mm is not possible without grinding parts of the suspension arm. I have just enough clearance on the outside of the tyres to clear the arches (originally I had 20mm spacers and it smacked both front arches, hence going down to 10mm) so my thinking is any more than 215 tyres on the fronts will be a very close fit between suspension and arch, unless you have it jacked right up on the suspension so that the tyres don`t hit the arches.
Sunny Lancs
 Post Reply Post Reply