The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closednew "kid" on the block!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: new "kid" on the block!
    Posted: 21 May 07 at 20:55

Hi Guys (and gals?)

Oops, gone an' done it now!

I've been lurking for a while and have just bought a 2005 t5 104 shuttle as an everyday car and at some point to be converted into a camper. Decided on the 104 for a couple of reasons - the first is the reliability issues you guys seem to have with your 130's, and the second (lets be honest here, it is the main reason!) is that I just couldnt stretch to a new(ish) 130.

Currently have 17in five spoke alloys thanks to the dealer, biut thats about it at the moment. I think i'll have to lose a bit of height out of the van and some dart tints for the windows, then maybe see about a remap to improve the fuel economy (honest)

Away camping in the next couple of weeks and have sorted out the daylight issue quite easily. However, the artificial daylight from the interior lights could be even worse if I have to do a loo run in the middle of the night! The front interior light has a nice little switch to turn it off, and the rear boot area only lights when you open the tailgate. However, the seating area lights up like Vegas when you even touch a door handle! Any ideas on how to turn the damn things off???

Glad to be on board, and will post a couple of pics when I get the oportunity.

-------- Life's a trip - take a paddle! --------
Ex-car bloke View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 07 at 21:29
Well done mate!  Watch your life change for the better with every day that passes!
ECB           2006 SWB 174 window van
Studioman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 07 at 21:57
Welcome MOTO
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 07 at 23:28

Hi motoYAKA nice to have another 104er on boardBig smile, not got a clue about the interior lightsConfused though it’s a completely different set up in the panel van like mine

Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
Ex-car bloke View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 07 at 06:33

on the subject of the light that comes on with the side door opening, I took the bulb out!

I camp in th van a fair bit and when you have the side door open all day there is no other way of switching off that light (I think).

ECB           2006 SWB 174 window van
motoYAKA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 07 at 09:08
Originally posted by Ex-car bloke Ex-car bloke wrote:

on the subject of the light that comes on with the side door opening, I took the bulb out!

I camp in th van a fair bit and when you have the side door open all day there is no other way of switching off that light (I think).

Mmm.... thats what I was afraid of; theres four of the damn things to take out. I may have to see if I can retro-fit a switch into the light units in the future but i'm hopeless with electrics, let alone the CanBus system on the t5.

I've had the vw for 2 1/2 weeks now and have put almost 2,000 miles on her and enjoying every drive. Parking is a bit of an issue after my last car (focus estate diesel) and the lack of speed was a bit of a worry at first. But now I just chill out and cruise the motorways at under 70 in the inside/ middle lanes instead of the stress inducing outside lane Russian-roulette. Bonus is the licence should stay relatively point free.

cjohnson_uk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 07 at 22:07
Just got mine too!  Going for a run down south this weekend to catch up with family and friends. The kids love it!  The oldest remembers the California we had.  The youngest who is only 18months old keeps asking to go out and sit in it to watch his DVDs!  Didn't see any T5s on the way back from the collecting it last weekend, all the way from Coventry to Sheffield.

My lights in the back go out with the switch by the rear view mirror.

CJ
ChrisJ : S. Yorks

96-99:'93 T4 LWB 2.4
01-03:LHD T4 California 2.5TDi 102+>~130
05/07-09/09 : T5 174 'velle Silver
7/10 - 2/14 T5 130 Tip SWB SE Black
2/14 - ? ... To*£@&o Custom 155 Tit Silver
Stifflove View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 07 at 21:05

Evening everyone ive picked  my 2005 104 window kombi up last week its a beauty just tinted it and put som 20's on, nice ride i'll put some pics on when i can.

Having trouble with my central locking though, its back to vw tomorrow to find the problem.

Take care Folk

Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 07 at 21:50

Mine can be a bit strange but so far it’s always been the door not shut properly or Mrs HH pulling on the handle before it’s unlockedEmbarrassed

Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
Stifflove View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 07 at 21:55
Evening Hedgehog, No its something else, it opens all the doors except the drivers door and then locks again after about 15 seconds, i'm having to use the key in the drivers door this should also set the alarm but it doesn't, its in for some warrenty work tomorrow so vw are going to have a look also Cheers
motoYAKA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 07 at 22:08

Originally posted by cjohnson_uk cjohnson_uk wrote:

Just got mine too!  Going for a run down south this weekend to catch up with family and friends. The kids love it!  The oldest remembers the California we had.  The youngest who is only 18months old keeps asking to go out and sit in it to watch his DVDs!  Didn't see any T5s on the way back from the collecting it last weekend, all the way from Coventry to Sheffield.

My lights in the back go out with the switch by the rear view mirror.

CJ

Will have to have a look tomorrow - too dark and to much guiness to look tonite!

So far so good with the warranty issues some of you guys are having - none to report here at the moment. Hope they are resolved quickly & efficiently.

cjohnson_uk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 07 at 22:33
We had the same problem with our tailgate on our T4 California.  All the doors lock except the tailgate.  Press the button and the tailgate locks but all the other doors unlock.  Garage (non vw) sorted it whilst we waited IIRC.

Doesn't help you but shows your not alone.  We just had to park backed up to a wall until we could get it to the garage.

CJ
ChrisJ : S. Yorks

96-99:'93 T4 LWB 2.4
01-03:LHD T4 California 2.5TDi 102+>~130
05/07-09/09 : T5 174 'velle Silver
7/10 - 2/14 T5 130 Tip SWB SE Black
2/14 - ? ... To*£@&o Custom 155 Tit Silver
Stifflove View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 07 at 23:21

Evening

Had new pads fitted all round appologies for for the wear light coming on on the way home from picking it up, so replaced them free of charge but have to book the van back in for central locking so going to have to live with it for now, away to abersoch camping this weekend a good first run out. Cheers All

Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 07 at 23:40
Originally posted by Stifflove Stifflove wrote:

Evening

Had new pads fitted all round appologies for for the wear light coming on on the way home from picking it up, so replaced them free of charge but have to book the van back in for central locking so going to have to live with it for now, away to abersoch camping this weekend a good first run out. Cheers All

Result!Big smile Have a good first camping trip I love camping in mine it’s when you appreciate just how wide the van is inside

I’m off to the Highlands tomorrow for a week of wild camping although I’m dreading the motorways on a Friday before a bank holiday weekend

Post Reply Post Reply