The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.6TD to 1.9 130bhp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tradesize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 07 at 21:25

Originally posted by T3di T3di wrote:

Well,golf GTD parts not GTi.
It's probably cheaper to get a garage to 'AAZ it',as an intercooler set up in a (JX)T3 engine bay has to be done well or its pointless.,and those injectors wont be cheap.
If its AAZ/1.9'd you can always get an intercooler and injectors later for that once you've got too used to the extra power.

having just had a 1.6 jx  to a a 1.9 aaz convesrion done i can tell you that 'the extra power' is almost not noticable, it just seems smoother and marginally torquier. dont get me wrong i am not disappointed at all (the JX had a holed crankcase). its just that  a box upgrade is far easier/cheper/would probably give better results

Bigyin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigyin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 08 at 09:11
I have a 5 speed box on my 1.6 jxtd. Would the box recomended above be an improvement ?
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 08 at 20:22
Originally posted by T3di T3di wrote:

injectors>>>

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-21/VW-GTD-Nozzles/Det ail

baxter does em for a tad over £50 and dosnt charge $35 delivery (or tax and duty if ya get caught!!)

Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12