Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMore fridge woes...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: More fridge woes...
    Posted: 23 Apr 07 at 20:27
My ignitor packed up at the weekend, so now i cant even light the bloody thing to get the tiny amount of cold out of it that it was supplying in the first place!

I had a feel of Simons on Saturday evening (fnarr!!) and his had ice on the alloy bit!

So anyway, I pulled it out (waarf!!) mainly to have a fiddle with the the ignitor, and thought i'd get it running so I could have a look at the burner in action.

There is a good flame, which is getting the "chimney" bit really hot, really quick, the pipe comes out of the top, then through a little finned heat sink kind of thing, then theres a bit more pipe, and another heatsink think with the temperature switch for the fan on it...

thats as far as the heat goes, after that is cold, i'm sure that cant be right, as there would be no point having the fan switch there...

At first i thought there must be a blockage there, but it works much better on 240v and 12v, so something works okay...

So, my question really is, is it worth f**king about with this fridge any more? or shall i just buy a replacemement?

Is there a direct replacement for the fridge in westys? Dont really want to go for a used fridge as i could just end up with another the same...

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 07 at 21:40
Dunno, I cleaned all the crap and fluff off the burner area with an airline and renewed the insulation in the heat chamber cover thing. Mine now works great on gas, got to -5 from above 20 degrees in about 2 hours and stayed there.
Sunny Lancs
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 07 at 21:52
i dunt get it. its fine on leccy. shat on gas. the rection is the same... heat=cold.
Whether the heat comes from gas or leccy should be irrelevant.

I might plug it in for an hour or 2 and see how far the heat goes round the tubes....

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 07 at 22:33
Sure you are getting a proper gas flame ?? can`t see any other reason why its crap, as you say, if it`s getting cold from the eleccy side, it`s not the fridge coolant side of it, so can only really be the flame, or the flame control. Have you still got the metal can round the heat chamber with the insualtion in it?
Sunny Lancs
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 07 at 06:32
yep, its all there.

there is a decent flame, that gives a lot of heat when i remove the burner from the bottom of the heat chamber....

'sweird

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

Post Reply Post Reply