Topic Closed98 Seat 1Y engine to replace my 1.7d

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 Seat 1Y engine to replace my 1.7d
    Posted: 20 Apr 07 at 13:40
Hi,

I am going down to futbus daves tonight to get fitted a 1Y engine out of a 98 seat ibiza.

Dave's quite happy with the conversion - apart from there being two wires to the fuel cut off. He's used to one wire.

I must say this doesnt make much sense to me - but has anyone got any ideas what to do with these wires ?

Sorry for being thick here - i'll know more tomorrow when the engine is going in!

Thanks in advance

Ringo.
Huge big LT Florida - its slow but its a Westie!
ringonotts View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 07 at 18:35
Fitted the engine no probs - its just slotted right in with all me bits from the 1.7.

I got round the issue of there being two fuel cutoff wires by connecting them together - this seems to work fine.

There are some other wires which i wouldnt mind knowing what to do with:

Cold start is electronically operated: Instead of the old lever mechanism, the 1Y has got a electronicaly operated cold start. Does anyone know whats best do with this. I could connect it to a switch on the dash; However, it occurred to us that it could be connected to a sensor which will operate it. Any ideas ?

Imobiliser wires: There are two wires left dangling which may be the imobiliser. How come my engine starts when these arent connected ? Any ideas?

There are a few other wires left dangling from the injectors - not a clue what they are for!

Cheers

Ringo
Huge big LT Florida - its slow but its a Westie!
 Post Reply Post Reply