The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gearbox upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlejim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gearbox upgrade
    Posted: 02 Apr 19 at 16:15
Hi chaps

I haven’t been on the forum for a long while since installing a 2e gti engine upgrade, years ago. Since then, have just been driving it and enjoying the van.  
However went out in the van yesterday and feel it’s time to upgrade the gearbox as i find it’s still lacking (original petrol box, diesel bell housing) 
Have looked through the forum and it still seems to be the weak link in upgrading, I’m happy with the 2e engine as it’s simple and easy for parts, when required , 
As Tim’s setup has now been tried and tested for some years, is flipping the Audi box and using Tim’s setup still the best solution to go? If so what box would you put with the 2e? DDU? And what cable shift linkage is now the best, as I see some peep!s are using various Porsche cable set up’s
If not, what other gearbox’s swaps have been successfully used.

As for exhaust, as mine is showing it’s age what other successful exhaust set ups are now being used?

Brakes? You mean the cowards peddle!
 Post Reply Post Reply