The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gearbox oil info pls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerak2uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gearbox oil info pls
    Posted: 24 Oct 16 at 17:11
Hi all

I have a 2011 GP 102 T28 with 5 speed gearbox and trying to find out what oil i need for it as TPS & VW dont have stock but also cant tell me what grade i need as they only have part number

any ideas please

Regards.
teerak2uk View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teerak2uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 16 at 19:15
Got info now

5 speed 75w synthetic
6 speed 75w-80 synthetic

in case anyone needs to know
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 16 at 01:31
Thanks for the follow-up (and for the useful info).  Thumbs Up
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 16 at 09:13
Thumbs Up  Is that info from VW teerak2uk?  If you look at the individual oil manufacturers you often get different grades recommended.  Like Comma oils here-  http://www.commaoil.com/passenger-vehicles/products/view/551 (This is for 2003-2007 2.5.)

Interesting that neither Comma nor Castrol lists engine oil for the early AXE AXD engines (despite Castrol being the original suppliers of the oil).  I must get round to changing mine soon but I reckon it pays to research the grade and the spec very carefully unless you are buying it from VW which could easily cost double.      

Edited by T5 TDI - 25 Oct 16 at 09:15
2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply