The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fuel tank capacity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fuel tank capacity
    Posted: 06 Sep 10 at 16:45
How much fuel do you get in your LT  mk1?  mines is a lt35 1979 2.0l petrol.

I can't get more than 53 - 55 litres, otherwise I get fuel spilling out of the overflow pipe underneath.

the haynes manual says the capacity is 70 litres, but when I filled it up recently (with the gauge just entering the red) I only managed to get 54 litres in...

icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 10 at 22:31
Sounds like your gauge is wrong then.

Should be a 70litre tank. If you really want to prove it - keep a can of fuel in the van and just keep driving 'til you run out, then fill up from there. I used to get about 60 litres into mine from the 'bottom of the the bottom of the lowest part of the red bit' - so it probably had about 10liters left.

Also - on mine, the red zone itself was about 10-12 litres.

Edited by icky - 06 Sep 10 at 22:32
Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

- 2000 MK4 Golf GT TDi
- 1994 LT Panel Van
- 1997 LT Minibus
- 1984 Volvo/VanHool Alizee
 Post Reply Post Reply