The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

front diff lock help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: front diff lock help.
    Posted: 03 Sep 09 at 20:29
i`ve just swapped the front diffs over from my doka to the 16" and i noticed that on the doka there is a vacuum valve thats fitted to the bulkhead behind the switch panel and a electic thingy ma bob wrapped in foam related to the front diff lock i think.

can anyone elaborate as to what they are, and what they do please.

thanks lee.
msr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 09 at 22:33
My old syncro's didn't have this foam covered bit. When you pulled the front diff-lock knob, the green light only came on when the lock fully engaged.

My latest 92 Syncro 16 does have this foam covered bit. When you pulled the front diff-lock knob, the green light starts flashing until the lock is fully engaged. Kind of a warning that if you are on tarmac you are about to have no steering!

I assume that this is the electronics module that flashes the light. Vacuum switch is the trigger for the circuit. But I've been wrong before!

cheers

matt
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 09 at 21:34
Thumbs Up  ta.
 Post Reply Post Reply