The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Friendly Competition: Lowest and Highest Mileages
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friendly Competition: Lowest and Highest Mileages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friendly Competition: Lowest and Highest Mileages
    Posted: 08 Nov 17 at 18:17
Out doing a wee bit of MOT prep on Herman today and I began to muse idly on where he would rank in terms of the lowest mileage on a series 1 LT.

I've not heard of one with a lower mileage and I know it's kosher because he came with wodges of service history when I bought him. So can anyone beat 28250 miles [45460 km] on the original engine [2,4D non-turbo]?*

At the other end of the scale; I've heard/read a few times that these engines will do a quarter of a million miles and over, if looked after. So, who's got the highest mileage?

It would be fun to find who's got the two extremes. So, I'll go first:

* Herman: 28250 miles [45460 km]

*[I actually should have asked this three years ago when I first bought Herman, as he had just under 18000 miles on the clock then!]
1993 LT35 2,4D hi-top

My camper conversion blog: |carry on herman| <--not quite abandoned. But ever on the "ToDo" list!
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 17 at 18:47
Can't remember who but someone had a work van from new and had done over 500k.
Found this one on the register.

E Byrne 1993 LT55 2.4 Turbo Diesel Flat bed 2 tonne Palfinger crane 380k on original engine
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 Aircooled Camper, 98K
1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1997 Disco V8i 158k miles

madra View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 17 at 19:06
Well, that's a good range to get us started.
1993 LT35 2,4D hi-top

My camper conversion blog: |carry on herman| <--not quite abandoned. But ever on the "ToDo" list!
Uberhare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 17 at 19:00
I'm at 290K in the Florida.  Cylinder head was replaced under warranty back in the day, and the last 60K were done at 20PSI.
madra View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 17 at 20:15
Originally posted by Uberhare Uberhare wrote:

...the last 60K were done at 20PSI.

I misread that as "20MPH" and thought you were boasting.
1993 LT35 2,4D hi-top

Uberhare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 17 at 15:27
More like 75MPH :)  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic