The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fridge (Again)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fridge (Again)
    Posted: 17 May 10 at 07:50

So I spent most of the winter trying to get my fridge running on gas - ready for summer.  Although the hob rings worked proving there was gas in the system (I am not that stupid - honest) the fridge refused to light.  Just prior to takiremoving the fridge yesterday, I had one last try at firing it - it fired at the third attempt and was running at -3° within four hours.  All this is good, but I am now left wondering why the thing would not fire in winter.

My propane tank is not fitted with the trace heater - do I need to get one fitted considering I had gas at the hob?  Are there any runs in the lines where condensation can freeze and block the gas flow?  does the ignitor (manual) get tetchy in the cold?

All suggestions gratefully received.
My van is better known in these parts than I am
lhdwesty View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhdwesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 10 at 16:42
The tip of the spark generator can move if not in good condition this is why I replaced mine.
It would light ok then I would drive somewhere and due to the vibration it would move and be too far from the gas burner.
 I got fed up with pulling the fridge out every couple of weeks so replaced it. Cost about £15 for the whole thing, works every time now.
Rob.
 Post Reply Post Reply