The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

four ways

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: four ways
    Posted: 18 Oct 19 at 17:44
operating my indicators ,left or right ,all my four ways come on !Anyone else had this issue ,any advice greatly appreciated
nooberdoober View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 19 at 10:49
Bad earth under the washer bottle?  Duff connections in the gubbins that make up the actual switch inside the steering column?  Funky relay? 
I got me a 2.4 straight Six......and it's a soundin JUICY!

1984 LT40 2.4 petrol Coachbuilt Autotrail Motorhome
Speshulbrew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 19 at 11:18
thanks mate i,ll ave a look at it,pain in the arse tho ha ha 
nooberdoober View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 19 at 11:38
Check the earth's first,  then the relay.  I keep a spare one just in case.  You can find them on eBay. In my experience,  most old LTs suffer from the rot in each bottom corner of the windscreen.  So essentially you get a nice rotted hole right above your fuse box on the left and right above a cluster of earth's behind the washer bottle on the right.  Most of the time you won't know you've got the rot until you have the screen out but a good indicator is the condition of the drivers floor pan.  Perhaps the earth's are a bit corroded.  The fuse box is partially protected from drips by an additional metal plate welded above it and below the problem area on the bottom left of the screen so that doesn't tend to get wet. I've had a few relays go bad though.  I bet it's one of the two. 
I got me a 2.4 straight Six......and it's a soundin JUICY!

1984 LT40 2.4 petrol Coachbuilt Autotrail Motorhome
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 19 at 08:33
thanks mate ,wheres the relay located on LT2 ? Spesh 
tellytubby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 19 at 19:26
On an LT2 I'd be thinking the switch unit on the steering column.  Comes as a whole unit with all the stalks and the hazard switch.  I got mine for about £40 new on ebay.  5 minute swap...

TT
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 19 at 19:49
many thanks TT 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 19 at 20:28
whats the score with replacing the switch mate ? Steering wheel off etc     spesh 

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 19 at 20:48
Oooh, you've put me on the spot there!

Can't remember exactly but think probably yes.  Other than that its a couple or 4 screws holding the trim and the switch on.

My symptoms were extremely rapid indicator flashing or just no indicators at all.  Not ideal with a 300 mile motorway journey home...
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 19 at 21:04
ha ha nice one TT just priced one up on fleabay , you were spot on price £40    thanks again 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 19 at 18:19
just bought a switch off fleabay TT ,all my indicators started working again on the old switch but the normal speed wipers gone off,anyway gunna change it over tomorrow, do you know offhand what size the steering wheel nut is ? biggest ive got is 22mm but thats too small 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 19 at 23:15
24mm I think but can't guarantee as it was a few years back.  I only have 27 and 32mm sockets larger than that anyway...

Hope it does the trick.

TT
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 19 at 23:50
many thanks mate 

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 19 at 13:15
mate ,ive had the steering wheel off 27mm socket,and the plastic cowls but i,m stuck on what to do to next, get the indicator switch off?Does the fuse box have to come off,there,s a stud holding the fuse box on but it wont move !Any advice appreciated   Spesh
mojo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 19 at 19:52
Yep, fuse box has to come off. check out the vid, should help.
2006 LT35 TDI 109 AVR
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 19 at 15:27
many thanks Mojo
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 19 at 22:02
sorted Mojo thanks mate

Post Reply Post Reply