The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

regulator LT1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: regulator LT1
    Posted: 19 Jan 22 at 17:33
Hi I have a Mercedes Unimog brake regulator to replace the leaking one on my LT1, there is an "extra' adjustable spring on the mercedes reg. [presumably because it runs at a higher pressure] does anybody know should i remove this and just run with the original longer lever and spring.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Best regards,
derekW
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 22 at 22:13
Hi Derek, The data from Wabco suggests the regualtors are almost the same. I would just use the old LT lever arm and spring but delete the extra unimog spring. It'll help to mark the position of the spring nut attached to the axle so it's replaced in same position. There is a guide on how to set the spring position correctly in one of the manuals if you want to be sure. Hope that helps.
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
 Post Reply Post Reply