The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glow Plug Light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glow Plug Light
    Posted: 14 Mar 21 at 18:14
Glow plug light not coming on, but been starting fine. Looked at fuse above airfilter, looks fine. Any ideas before I buy a new relay?
1.9TD T4 1000SWB "I don't hate people, I just seem to feel better when they're not around"
doomdub View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 21 at 20:30
any ideas?
Faulty dash?
Starts like a dream
1.9TD T4 1000SWB "I don't hate people, I just seem to feel better when they're not around"
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 21 at 10:43
warm enough not to need it perhaps? , do they have replaceable bulbs ? 

Check if they are coming on, can you hear the relay clicking?
doomdub View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 21 at 14:40
Not sure if the bulbs can be replaced (LED).

The relay (or something) clicks once when I turn on the ignition & once when I turn it off. Is that correct? Confused
Zed. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 21 at 13:16
Originally posted by doomdub doomdub wrote:

Any ideas before I buy a new relay?

simple stuff like wiggling the relay. / cleaning the connection-terminals that engage in the fusebox?

can remove the relay's cover to clean the relay's contacts (fine wet&dry)

t4's use the Ce2 fuseboard, the internal terminals can overheat & bend away, easily dismantled to check BUT lots of wires / plugs @ rear so beware...

common fusebox in late 80's & early / mid 90's vag cars so plenty of spares available (thik I've got ~10 in the shed)

Rich.
Layabout, Bodger, jack of all trades (except housework)
 Post Reply Post Reply