FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ran out of fuel now low revs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ran out of fuel now low revs
    Posted: 16 Jan 21 at 14:49
they can throw up a code for non start and go into limp mode, it may reset after a drive, if not code reader and see what it throws up, although are you sure it ran out of fuel ? 
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 21 at 20:59
Have to get that one on VCDS to see what codes it has.  The 130 doesn't usually suffer much from running out of fuel having PD injectors (unlike the newer 2.0 common rail engines where HP pump damage is a possibility).  Maybe it dragged something up from the tank.  I'd check the codes first and then change the fuel filter.  It's worth using one of the one of the fuel treatments you can use to fill the new filter up with.
2004 2.5 174
Splitskin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splitskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 21 at 16:08
hi folks

I'm looking some advice and hopefully an easy resolve to my issue.
I ran out of diesel and took ages to get the van running.
After running and a full tank of fuel the glow plug light was flashing and the van is low on power and revs.

Any help appreciated

Marty
T5 130 with a camper conversion by 'Fast Al'
 Post Reply Post Reply