The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sherpa translift roof rack: poptop or tin top!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
snowboardmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowboardmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sherpa translift roof rack: poptop or tin top!
    Posted: 27 Aug 20 at 13:12
Hi all, I have parted with my bus to someone who will use it have a couple of Gucci bits For the discerning camper. 

Sherpa translift side loading roof rack, they’re pretty rare the last time there was one around on the forum was a post from 2013, here’s the info from Johnny Atlantic’s old post
p Top Roof Rack - Sherpas Translift
Direct Link To This Post JonnyAtlantic 28 Apr 13 at 08:41 Quote JonnyAtlantic Quote  Post Reply Reply
I have just bought a Sherpas Translift system for my Westy PopTop.

Can anyone give me some ideas on where to fit the short runner parts onto the roof?

I have done an internet search and a looked around here and the 80-90 but can't seem to find a definitive answer.  Some pictures show the rails qiute inboard of the roof.

Another brochure photo shows the rails right on the edge, which I think is the correct place but others seem to say theirs are more inboard and still original.

The sherpas roof system (picture below) install manual gives options for inboard install and install on the outer edge, outside the bellows.  The outer edge ones having the bolts going through the roof outside of the bellows.  I think its tight on space there, but maybe possible.  The washers supplied have a flat edge too so I'm thinking this would allow the fix closer to the edge of the bellows rail?

I have all the fittings and compatible supports from mount blank to fit the roof rack to a tin top which is pretty unique. 

Pm me to discuss 

Elsan VISA chemical toilet with fluids. If you know about portable toilets this one fits neatly under the bench seat or the extended rock n roll bed. It’s the best available and if you do your research on the web you will find it doesn’t smell, not at all...not one bit!

It’s forbears we’re used on Lancaster bombers FACT. £50 & postage with cheapie cheep cheep Hermes 

Cheers mic

crank the freeride lever
 Post Reply Post Reply