The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Headlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headlights
    Posted: 29 Mar 20 at 13:33
Hi All

Slightly strange one my left headlight is fine but my right one is a little dim, I did find a loose earth next to the relay plate which has improved it slightly but it is still dim. If I put direct to the battery it is fine.

My truck is a 1991 with DV engine and if I have read the wiring correctly there doesn't appear to be a relay, so I am now scratching my head as to why the right headlight is dim as it shares the same earth as the left.

Has anyone come across this before and what did you do to fix it?

We don't do much night driving, but don't think it will pass the MOT as it is.
psion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 20 at 17:47
OK I am going to answer my own question, after much head scratching and going through the entire circuit I eventually ended up removing block A and C from the fuse board and connected direct to another battery. Again left one worked fine but nothing on the right. More head scratching and checked the continuity of the 3 wires and all good!!!!!!!! Then I checked the voltage and there was only at best 3-4 volts!!!!!! So I checked the continuity again and it was huge so gave the earth wire on the right head light a cleaning to within an inch of its life and bingo all as it should be :-) done a little dance and moved onto the next job.
 Post Reply Post Reply