The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine replacement
    Posted: 25 Jan 20 at 22:41
Hi guys, have a 2004 Axc 1.9tdi and unfortunately the engine is in need of a rebuild plus new injectors. Quote Around £4000 with engine fully stripped and new turbo... I’m thinking though Fabia vrs block. Looking for a  mechanic with experience with this conversion if anyone knows of anyone please point in my direction. Thinking 6 speed box also....

She is my wee one and I need to get her back on the road.... 

Charlie Dog View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 20 at 09:04
foxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 20 at 18:16
Charlie that’s kind of what I’m thinking off.... I’m guessing will need ecu and everything else.... wish I had the knowledge to do The conversion. Gear box wise I’m taking gear box wouldn’t fit from the vrs. 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 20 at 18:57
Fitting another 1.9tdi has got to be 
a lot cheaper and a lot quicker Foxie.

Would get you up and running sooner.

Once you are up and running,
then tune that engine.

foxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 20 at 19:08
yeah for sure. Charlie do you know if it’s a straight swap.... I know tuning wise will need a 6 speed box.... hope can find someone whom has carried our the conversion before.... or at least someone whom can point me in the right direction .... 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 20 at 20:18
I had a trawl through the Internet.
All I found was: -

Darkside may have done one.

A guy selling a vrs lump on Gumtree
because the spannerman who 
was due to fit it bunked off 
leaving him in the lurch.

From my end of the telescops
the spannering will be the easy part.
Sorting the loom and electronics
seems likely to be a real can of worms.

foxie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 20 at 06:32
See that’s what i wasn’t sure off electronics was thinking of buying a full fabia on Copart then I’ll have everything. I’m thinking resale.... 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 20 at 08:21
Sorry :-(
 Post Reply Post Reply