The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Head gasket?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vwben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Head gasket?
    Posted: 24 Jan 20 at 17:38
Hi folks,

My 2.1 Syncro has been running pretty well until about a week ago when the temp needle shot up, heater blew nothing but cold air and the header anks boiled and pushed everything out into the expansion.

I bought some coolant and followd the bleeding guide and everything seemed ok. Heater has been blowing hot air but occasionally the temp needle will jump up to 3/4 cold air will blow through before it settled back and the heater blows hot again.

Today i topped up the header and expansion, bled through the radiator screw, rev'd, bled, drove etc etc and everything seemed fine. Needle was settled, radiator getting hot, fan blowing hot air and no more air bubbling out of radiator. Took another small drive and when i got back after another 10mins of idling the needle shot upto 3/4 header boiler and pushed it all out into the expansion.  

Has anyone got any thoughts on what the issue is? Is it likely to be the head gasket that needs changing or is there something else i should investigate/try before putting it into the garage.

Many thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply