The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Limp mode every time I change gear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 20 at 19:22
Is it Ok to drive with the ABS pump disconnected please T5?
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 20 at 08:45
It means that you would have no ABS to help you if you lock a wheel up, just normal braking.  I wouldn't do it for more than a quick test.  In this case he doesn't have to drive the van anyway.  

You are going to cause multiple codes while you are testing so it's best to have VCDS available.  But the OP already has many incorrect dash lights and probably codes.   He also lives in Ecuador so he might not have too many handy garages for a more studied diagnosis!      
2004 2.5 174
Doitup View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doitup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 20 at 09:00
FYI, not in Ecuador! I’m in Johannesburg SA
Charlie Dog View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 20 at 09:30
Originally posted by T5 TDI T5 TDI wrote:

It means that you would have no ABS to help you if you lock a wheel up, just normal braking.  I wouldn't do it for more than a quick test.  In this case he doesn't have to drive the van anyway.  Thanks T5 :o)

You are going to cause multiple codes while you are testing so it's best to have VCDS available.  But the OP already has many incorrect dash lights and probably codes.   He also lives in Ecuador so he might not have too many handy garages for a more studied diagnosis!      
Charlie Dog View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 20 at 16:38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12