FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lucas injection pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Timjburrows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 19 at 22:25
interesting,not seen a Lucas pump but Bosch pumps don’t have keys just a tapered fit,I’d try tdc ing the pump and pin the hub,time it up and see if it goes,if it’s all together now just check it’s pumping diesel to the injectors and the cam timing isn’t 180 degrees out
MaartenT3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaartenT3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 19 at 16:56

Hi Tim,

Much thanks for your reply! Much appreciated! 
Will I determain TDC on the backside of the pump? (Luckely I have the timing gauge, adaptor and the 6mm pin for locking).
The hub has a woodruff key, how do I match up TDC in the pump (and the corresponding position of the axle) and the locking slot in the hub if the key only allows me to put the hub back in only one position?

Thank you! Thumbs Up

Maarten
Timjburrows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 19 at 12:02
you will need a timing gauge and adaptor to determine TDC in the pump,then refit the hub in the correct position,locking slot in hub matching up mith cut out or 6mm hole in pump,tighten and check it not moved 45nm
MaartenT3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaartenT3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 19 at 01:22
Hello! Let's give this a try.

I have a Volkswagen T3 with an 1.9d engine with code AEF (6n1 polo) with an injection pump from Lucas (model LS4000). The engine ran great without any problems (!) until the injection pump seal started to leak and needed to be replaced.
The central nut of the pulley was removed to replace the seal behind it. But than I read you should never remove the central nut because you could mess up the basis adjustment of the pump. After inspecting the pulley 'carrier' i noticed it has a woodruff key (so there is only one way to put the pulley and pulley carrier back. I put everything back into place but I'm afraid i might have messed up something anyway because the engine wouldn't start after extensive trying Shocked

Any advice is welcome. I can of course give additional info if needed. 

Cheers! Maarten
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12