The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electric mirror, mounting problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric mirror, mounting problem
    Posted: 30 Nov 19 at 04:32
Hello everyone,
currently, I have a problem with a T3 RDH Thai.

I am currently in Thailand for a few weeks and have a Thai T3, so RHD.

From Europe, I brought electric mirrors, disassembled on a T3 LHD.

After mounting on the T3 RHD, I found that it was wrong.

Can you tell me which parts are changing from a T3 LHD to a T3 RHD?

These are the bases that are different, or mirrors?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bye.

Fred.
KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 19 at 10:00
Bases are the same I think.
Mirrors/glass is easy to swap and check, I would start with that.

Regards,
Kris
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 19 at 11:49
the mirrors are different for LHD, it’s possible to put a screw into the pivot to hold it in place 
onefred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 19 at 13:40
Originally posted by 912 912 wrote:

the mirrors are different for LHD, it’s possible to put a screw into the pivot to hold it in place 

Hello,
possible to give me more details. Thank you.
onefred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 19 at 23:45
News ?

Thanks.

912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 19 at 10:37
hard to explain, but basically you move the mirror head to where you want it and put a screw through the pivot point to stop it moving back, I don’t have pictures but an online search may show something 
onefred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 19 at 05:04
Thank you for your reply.

But alas, that makes it necessary to pierce and thus damage the mirror.

I find it unfortunate to damage such rare pieces.

If you still have links, I'm interested.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bye.

Fred.
lowrider View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 20 at 09:07
Hi 

Don’t hold me to it but read somewhere awhile back when looking for myself, don’t you cut the black tabs off to suit from the mirror glass.
TRUNDLETRUC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRUNDLETRUC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 20 at 20:17
In 2005 I converted some LHD mirrors to RHD. I wrote how to do it for the 80-90 forum and at one time it was in the WIKI. Can't find it now?
Normally the mirror arm is held at the correct angle by a lug or two? on either the top or bottom of the two pieces ( It was a long time ago! You will see when you take yours apart.) What you do is replace this lug with a round price of metal (Stainless Steel in my case and 6mm dia x the thickness of the lug). This piece of metal in the one piece sits in the lug locating groove which is now filed out half round with a 6mm dia. file to fit tightly. In the other part the lug is filed completed off and you then file another half round groove in the new correct place for the new arm's position. The tricky bit is to get the arm in the right place! You have to make sure that the mirror moving mechanism is in the central position otherwise you may only get adjustment in one direction. It is also difficult to mark the position with the two parts of the mirror locked together for testing. But it can be done! Use grease to hold the 6mm disc in place when you assemble the two parts of the mirror.
With my mirrors the magnification of the mirrors was different for the two sides so they had to be swopped over first.
Mirrors will then work as VW intended and you stand a chance you won't break one if you hit anything.
Sounds complicated but it is not in practice.
Trundletruc
 Post Reply Post Reply