FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electric Shower Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 19 at 11:25
Cheers TT
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
tellytubby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 19 at 13:22
I am not an electrician but my understanding is that with 3 phase star wiring you do not necessarily require a neutral so this setup is probably ok.

For it to run you will need all 3 phases connected.  It will stop running if one of the phases is disconnected - this is why only one terminal is marked as a switched input.

Be aware that the hazard with this setup is that it is live even when apparently switched off!

TT
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 19 at 07:53
Greetings Brickies,

In my rented flat I have a Stiebel Eltron DHB 18kw water heater that should provide enough hotwater to fill a bath/run a shower.

It has three temp settings 35/45/55c and it should flow between 9-12 litres a minute at these temps.
It does not, if you turn the water on too much the heating drops out and you have a cold shower.

I've looked at the wiring and it's a 400v 3 phase set up.

The neutral is not connected and the terminals (from Bottom to Top) 2-4 have the three phases connected to them. Across terminals 2 and 3 I have 400v. I am pretty sure that the landlord has wired it up incorrectly. How can I check the wiring out?

Cheers
Paul

Edited by Titus A Duxass - 19 Nov 19 at 07:54
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123