The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DG to AAZ help won’t rev up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVEGEEZZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DG to AAZ help won’t rev up
    Posted: 21 Jul 19 at 23:05
hi guys finally got the engine,in all wired up, charge cooler etc fitted including a nice shiny 0460494346 refurbed pump, fitted the cam belt and put the DTI gauge in the back of the pump and set to 1mm, starts great and ticks over lovely but doesent Rev right up and seem hesitant on the throttle, when it’s trying to get to full revs it starts to stutter then cuts out, if it was a petrol motor I would say the choke is on ! 

The banjo bolts for flow/ return are identical ( didn’t come with the new pump) they look like a standard banjo bolt with a hole in the side approx 3mm.

Could it be the timing ? When I locked the cam there was approx 2mm movement on the bar which I just equalled out, the pump pulley doesent have a hole for a locking pin to set the timing this I just eyed up from the notch in the face of the sprocket to the centre of the nose of the pump, could it be a belt notch out to advanced ? 

Any help appreciated Wink

WANTED ;- underfloor lpg tank and fittings and a set of big mirrors (lhd )
DAVEGEEZZER View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVEGEEZZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 19 at 22:30
well I’ve managed to answer my own questions today !! The timing was spot on as was the pump, turned out it was all down to the return banjo bolt ! Found a few posts online about “make sure you have these bolts round the right way” “ there marked in and out”  but I’d never looked to see what the difference was. So for anyone else that doesent know,the flow bolt looks like your standard banjo bolt three holes in the side it’s not marked IN, the return bolt is marked OUT and has no holes on the side ! I’m guessing the out/ return restricts the flow leaving the pump as after rummaging in the shed I found the bolt with out stamped on it,fitted it and I can now rev the tits off it ! I’m one happy bunny !! 

WANTED ;- underfloor lpg tank and fittings and a set of big mirrors (lhd )
 Post Reply Post Reply