The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.4L 6cyl petrol engine weight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.4L 6cyl petrol engine weight
    Posted: 02 Jun 19 at 10:02
The 2,4 petrol engine is just a petrolised Version of the NA Diesel engine. It has the same bore and stroke. Your distributore is atached to the rear of the camshaft, where the pulley for Our injection pump is atached.
The difference is carburetors (or injection sytem)+distributor minus diesel injection pump= not wery much.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Horizonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 19 at 23:08
Yeah ok. The best would be if the weight was stated in a Repair manual or VW data sheet. I have a VW repair manual for the mechanical part of the engine, but the weight is not described in that one. Was hoping that there is another VW document with this information.

Yes, the 2.4 fits the 2.0 bellhousing. As far as I remember, one or two bolts didn't line up, but the two bolts with the guides fits perfectly, along with a couple of other bolts.
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 19 at 18:49
Acording to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_D24_engine. The dry empty weight of the 2,4 Diesel is 182kg. The petrol engine is wery similar, but no Diesel pump, so may be 180kg?

Did the 2,0 I4 and the 2,4 I6 have the same bolt patern to the gearbox?
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Horizonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 19 at 22:20
Is the weight of the 2.4L 6 cylinder petrol engine stated in any official VW document ?

I'm asking since I have installed this engine in a Porsche 924, and to pass MOT, I need a document with the weight, so it can be compared with the original engine (which is also an LT engine, the 2.0L)
 Post Reply Post Reply