The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to do's Mk 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to do's Mk 2
    Posted: 22 Jan 19 at 17:30
I have been collecting up all the old how-to-do's to put into one place.  Once they are all here I'll ask Baxter to make it a sticky as Greg suggested.  There are 300+ pages for me to trawl though so it may be a while before it's complete.  I will put up any new ones I find and keep it bumped up for now.
There may be some missing pictures due to the Great Photobucket Extortion but some of the kind folks here have gone back through and replaced them using another hoster.  Thanks to everyone who has taken the trouble to post their take on these jobs. Clap

If you spot any broken links, mistakes or you no longer want to be included let me know. Feel free to add any new ones!  We have almost no T5.1/T6 specific how-to do's so any cam belt/water pump descriptions or anything about the 2.0 CR engines would be welcome. Smile

Note- I can't create a clickable link to Guy's absolutely brilliant Gen2 wheel bearing video, this looks to be because he has his youtube account set for no 3rd party traffic.  Since it is freely available on youtube I have left the direct address here so you can view it yourself.  I will PM him but not sure if he is still about.

Guy:  Video how to fit wheel bearings  https://youtu.be/txD5CiHgin8

Edited by T5 TDI - 01 Sep 22 at 21:21
2004 2.5 174
guy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 19 at 23:11
https://youtu.be/txD5CiHgin8

It should work, I can't find my security settings on you tube. I must be getting old !

My old 'bnz turbo picture how to' made the list too I see !
You don't need eyes to see it, you need vision.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 19 at 09:17
Well, it's a little bit better now!  I can post the URL itself directly as I have but I can't make the whole thing clickable because the 'insert hyperlink' function here doesn't like the secure https prefix.  But at least it works now, thanks Guy! Thumbs Up
2004 2.5 174
guy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 19 at 23:44
No trouble, you're most welcome.
I'm currently at 189k views bit I didn't make it for favour I made it to help others who were worried it may be beyond their abilities as a picture is worth a thousand word (YouTube is a tool)
You don't need eyes to see it, you need vision.
DrSmooth View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrSmooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 19 at 16:13
Good thread. A ton of helpful information and links. 
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 19 at 18:30
Originally posted by DrSmooth DrSmooth wrote:

Good thread. A ton of helpful information and links. 

Thanks! Smile  Not many T5's in Los Angeles assuming your sig is real. Wink  Maybe the new petrol engined vans will eventually get to you guys.  

All new T5 'how to do's' welcome however complicated or humble, a simple description of how to take a trim off could save someone breaking something unnecessarily.  If you did it, take a few pics, add some words and stick it here.  Thumbs Up   
2004 2.5 174
liamo333 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liamo333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 19 at 08:12
One piece of the G62 temp sensor puzzle. Now with pictures :)

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/topic94268_post723711.html#723711
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 20 at 18:20
Updated..
2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply