The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello all....I have T4 1.9TD Starting Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello all....I have T4 1.9TD Starting Problems
    Posted: 02 Jan 19 at 12:32
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, hello to you all!!

Hopefully you can help me. I have a 2001 1.9TD T4 and I'm having starting problems. Cry Basically, the engine seems to turn over but doesn't fire up. It was working a few months ago but has been stood for 2 months while I sorted some work on our house. Now I'm starting to work on the van.....and it won't start!! 

I thought it might be glow plugs but no...all the electrics seem to be ok (glow plug fuse & relay). It has Diesel in and I even tried the dreaded easy start to see if it would help.....it just seems to cause a lot of knocking from the engine. Does a T4 have an immobiliser? Is it easy to check / bypass if it does??

Any other suggestions as to why it might not start would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading....and I look forward to your vast knowledge helping me out! Thumbs Up

Cheers,

Ed.
jaber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 19 at 19:17
Has the fuel cut off on the injection pump got power to it once your ignition is on? If not it won’t let fuel in😳

Steve
take yer time there's a second prize
Ed242 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 19 at 22:52
Thanks for the info Steve. I had no idea there was a cut out solenoid on the pump. I’ll check it and see if it’s working.
 Post Reply Post Reply