The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Solex to Pierburg Carb Swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Penrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solex to Pierburg Carb Swap
    Posted: 11 Dec 18 at 17:58
This has been asked before, so sorry for going over old ground! But there are a couple of questions I need to ask.

I have a 89' Panel van, running a 1.9 WDX engine with a Solex carb. I am thinking of swapping in for a Pierburg one.

The engine is a DG engine, it is a exchange unit.
I have a secondhand Pierburg carb with manifold and the correct air box.

My questions involve the plumbing and electrics.

The manifold seems to be the same.
The carb, I am not sure about.  There are 3 wires coming of the Pierburg carb were do the connect to? 
The choke element on the carb is connected to the water system, but not sure how. Am I correct in thinking it connects to the expantion tank? Do I need to replace the one on it now?

Does any one have a diagram of this?

Any help greatfully recieved.

David Penrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Penrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 18 at 21:40
Would anyone, with a Pierburg carb, be willing to send a pic of the carb plumbing and electrics?

Thanks in advance.
David Penrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Penrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 18 at 20:42
Have worked out a of my problems.....there is a pipe that goes from the carb to the expansion tank, this must be the return. How does the water enter the carb? Is it from the manifold?if so what replaces the pipe that I have going fro the thermostate to the manifold.
Another problem..can I us the dissy I have or do I need to change the vacuum advance thingy?
Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply