The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st time camper converter looking for advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilsonMaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st time camper converter looking for advice
    Posted: 22 Sep 18 at 17:46
Hello all. I am brand new to this so be gentle.

I have just bought an 08 Caddy Maxi Sportline 2.0 TDI 140. It’s a lovely motor and I’m already started on converting her to a camper/crewcab from a bare panel van. I have stripped out the interior and taken out the plastic factory bulkhead and put in wiring for lights, speakers, power and also some Cat5 cable just in case.

I am looking for advice on the best insulation to use for price, weight, sound and thermal qualities. I have seen a double foil bubble wrap that looks ok and also a self adhesive black high density foam with foil version which also looks ok.

I have ordered 4 way stretch carpet in light and dark grey so obviously I will be covering all the exposed metal, doors, panels and roof etc with that. So I don’t want anything too heavy duty and thicker than about 6mm.

Any advice on best insulation much appreciated.

Oh and whilst I’m here I’m also looking for a set of triple seats for the back to put my kids in. I’m starting from scratch so need all seat belts, buckles, clips, bases, rails, bolts and plastic trim. I am thinking VW Touran seats would work well. If anyone has advice on this again much appreciated.

Thanks... Wilson!
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 18 at 22:12
I used thermoliner on mine
 Post Reply Post Reply