The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Central locking on side and rear doors not working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Central locking on side and rear doors not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t5power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central locking on side and rear doors not working
    Posted: 18 Sep 18 at 12:10
Hey guys

Ok bit of a back story...

I've got a T5 SWB van on a 2004 reg. The central locking was working fine, no issues. Then I noticed for MOT that one of the sidelights on the van at the back was out. Thought easy it must be a bulb, changed it nothing happened. Went to MOT and it failed.

I get back to work and find that the front side light on the same side (drivers side) was now also out (it wasn't before). Changed the bulb same issue it wouldn't work. So I checked the fuses and found one blown (I forget which one) and low and behold the light at the front and rear came back on!

I sent my wife out in the van for re-test and she called me 5 minutes later to say that there was a door open warning light on the dash and it was pinging at her. I said don't worry it must be a door not quite shut, check them all and then it will be ok.

So she did this and the door would not register that it was shut, or stop pinging.

To cut this story short when she got back I investigated and I have now lost the central locking on the rear half of the van. The front two doors lock and deadlock and then unlock no issues. The rear of the van is totally silent. If I open the back doors the light by them comes on. The side door light is permanently on. If I open the side door and then close it the light doesn't turn off automatically so I am having to turn it off and leave it off.

I have tried shorting out the two middle pins and it still wont shut the light off or turn the light on the dash off showing the door is open.

I've been under the seat and found some corrosion in the pins on the black box so I checked the wiring and it was fine (took the seats out and cut the wire right back). I then checked the module (I have 3 spare) and still the same issue is their when they work on the other van I have.

Its driving me crackers and sorry for waffling on! :(
t5power View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t5power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 18 at 14:00
Just noticed that if I lock the side door via the button on the door and then unlock via the key fob it pops the door lock button up. It still wont lock it though.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 18 at 15:26
It does still sound like the conv unit even though you have swapped it!  It might be worth checking the multiplugs on the conv unit and spraying them with some electrical contact cleaner.  Plus go back carefully over all of the fuses again.  

Is it converted in any way?  It's not unknown for an over-long screw to go through the loom and cause shorts.      
2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply