The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fridge gas testing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote si macc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fridge gas testing
    Posted: 02 Aug 18 at 07:19
Hi all,

I’ve got my fridge out for servicing. Done all the work but want to test the gas before reinstalling. I’m sure I read somewhere that you can just use a patio gas bottle (propane) which sounds right as propane is in the underslung tank? Just wanted to double check for safety reasons.
KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 18 at 14:49
Yes you can use propane patio gas bottle, given that you have the right connection to the fridge off course.
I use a Campingaz bottle for testing. Be aware that the 'original' fridge works on 50mbar in stead of the "modern" 30mbar gas pressure.

Kris

Regards,
Kris
si macc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote si macc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 18 at 15:52
Hi Kris,

Thanks, I'll check the regulator when I get home to see if it matches. Worst case I have a pipe with a connection to the underslung tank so can just test it next to the van. Just wanted to run for a few hours but I'm sure I can find a couple of hours worth of work to do in the van!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply