The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water temp gauge not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bernard73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water temp gauge not working
    Posted: 24 May 18 at 20:23
I've got a long trip to Spain coming up so got to get the temp gauge working Big smile
When the engine is started the red light flashes but the needle never appears, although I've tried that thing where you short out something at the fusebox and the needle then makes an appearance...

Thing is, I've bought a seperate temp gauge but not sure where to connect it to - can it be connected to the wires going into the binnacle, if so which ones? Where is the water temp sensor - on top of the expansion tank?

Thanks in advance (hopefully!).

Merlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 18 at 19:40
No the temp sender is not on the expansion bottle, it is on the engine, normally the cylinderhead but can also be in a waterfitting where the water leaves the engine. Will help if you can supply the engine type.
bernard73 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bernard73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 18 at 20:16
It's got a skoda AEF engine in it, 1.9 diesel?
OliboyUTO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OliboyUTO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 19 at 09:02
Hey up mate, did you ever get this sorted. I'm having g the same problem.

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply