The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 I 6 tea I'd engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 I 6 tea I'd engine
    Posted: 23 May 18 at 14:41
Hi guys my bus starts fine but when ive been on a small journey turn off the bus will not restart ☹any ideas my new followers 🤙
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 18 at 12:52
Pull the cold start lever, see if it starts then.
Peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 18 at 18:26
Hi and thanks for the reply tried that bit still no joy it's not been right since the mot on Thursday ☹
Timjburrows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 18 at 20:50
If it's shimed valve clearance,could can use this problem as when the engine gets hot the gap closes to zero or less causing low compression hence poor starting in a Diesel engine,when cold gap returns hence it starts👍
Peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 18 at 21:59
Thank u very much Tim it's 16td jx engine so think it's shimed cheers and thanks very much 👍
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 18 at 22:07
If it is your problem make sure you record the shim sizes to make it easier next time you need to adjust them.
Peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 18 at 08:58
Will do Tim and thank you very much 👍
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 18 at 09:21
theres no reason for the valves clearences to change over night, I would look for a restriction in the fuel line/filter, check the cam belt and check the heater plugs are operating
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 18 at 22:16
Fuel blockage would result in lack of power and possable black smoke due to vacuum timing advance,cam belt may cause poor running and poor cold starting,and glows not operating normal wouldn't affect hot starting unless the engine had cooled enough to need them,to check this remove he temp sender wire that operates the heater plug circuit turn on ign wait 15 seconds then crank should start ok if it's that,heater plugs opperate when cranking engine anyway I think,may be wrong but use to on other vws of the same age

Edited by Timjburrows - 25 May 18 at 22:17
 Post Reply Post Reply