The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT28 Window rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flipflop75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT28 Window rubbers
    Posted: 15 May 18 at 14:19
Hi!
I've recently acquired an LT28 2.0 Petrol 1977 and...it needs some work!
It currently doesn't have an MOT and has been kept in a poor state.
Of the many things that need replacing are the side window rubbers. Wheres the best place for that?
Thanks in advance.

VW LT 2.0 1975
VW Beetle 1.2 1971
nooberdoober View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 18 at 01:06
I got me a 2.4 straight Six......and it's a soundin JUICY!

1984 LT40 2.4 petrol Coachbuilt Autotrail Motorhome
Serge View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 18 at 09:21
1990 LT28 Westfalia Florida 2.4TD + Reliant Scimitar GTC + Mk 4 Mondeo + Triumph Trident Sprint 900 + Honda 550/4
http://www.sergeantsmess.co.uk/
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 18 at 12:23
COH Baines, and probably others, do a vast array of weatherstrip, one of which will be suitable for the side windows.
The front door window scrapers are all available through Brickwerks; cut down versions of the t3 parts.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Flipflop75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flipflop75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 18 at 13:18
Thanks for the info.

Yes I did checkout the useful parts link first and there is rubber/ trim supplier first. Was just hoping have a one-stop-shop were I could just order a set.

Its what I did with my 1971 beetle.Smile

Wanted to have a set standing by, ready to fit, but I guess I need to remove a window to check out the cross section.

VW LT 2.0 1975
VW Beetle 1.2 1971
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 18 at 12:15
If you can measure the glass, metal thickness and overall width you will not be far away. 

There is not an industry based around LTs like there is for all the other VWs.

Owning one requires an amount of work but the support network is worth it.

Edited by LTCamper89 - 18 May 18 at 12:19
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 18 at 12:53
Sinse Your van is a converted panelvan i think some thing like this is the right part for your van. https://www.justkampers.com/vw-T3-parts/T3-seals-trims-accessories/window-seals/insert-seal-5m-length-for-use-with-j11378.html
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply