FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remiving rear door lock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remiving rear door lock
    Posted: 12 May 18 at 11:08
Welcome. Smile  I have only ever removed the tailgate locks and yours sounds like the barn door version.  There are usually 3 components, the latch at the bottom which physically locks the door, a large plastic central controller above which tells the latch what to do and the locking barrel at the top which allows the key to work the system manually.  Apologies if I'm tell my grandmother how to suck eggs but it's important to know what the problem is.

You should be able to find some pics online to help.  
2004 2.5 174
CUZZBOMB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CUZZBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 18 at 07:29
Hello one and all , im new to the VW T5 world and i really do like and enjoy my t5 , im wondering /hoping that one of you great people might be able to advise me as unfortunatly after owning the t5 for about two weeks i shut the rear door thou this time it didnt quite shut correctly , i pushed on the door , as i had done several times on previous occassions when the door wasnt shut correctly but unfortunatly the only thing i managed to do was cause several dents in the boot door , thats not my problem thou , as i have dent removal tools which will work , my problem is , that after removing the internal trim to access the lock and removing the bolts that hold it in place i am so far unable to locate the clip/pin that is holding the lock to the door and if anyone has any ideas/instructions of how im best to remove the lock your helpd/advise would be most apreciated ! Thankyou !
 Post Reply Post Reply